Beginning of Year Steps/Suggestions
* If you have not done the EOY process AND have NOT YET DONE done a PowerSchool demographic export, do the EOY now. (4. Maintenance, 3. EOY) If you are not sure if the EOY process has been done, check the 9. View Import Dates found under 4. Maintenance.
* Check Form A Year states 2022. If not, change the Form A year to 2022. (4. Maintenance, 5. GIFT Setup)
* Add/Delete/Rename any School Changes (4. Maintenance, 4. School/BEDS Coding)
* Do a PowerSchool Demographic Import using 2021-2022 Data. (3. Import/Export, 2. Import PowerSchool Data)
* Move students into "Left District" at end of demographic import. (or 4. Maintenance, 6. Move Students to Left District)
* Mass Delete students which have not been in district in the past 24 months. Recommended to keep "old" G&T students. Use your discretion on how long to keep "old" students, I would recommend a minimum of 1 year. To Mass Delete: 4. Maintenance, 7. Tools, 1. Student Delete
* Hand update/enter G&T students which moved into district over Summer. Use data from Profile sheet.
* Update AP students (when AP information is available in PowerSchool) as not served. (3. Import/Export, 4. Import AP Status, 1. PS AP Data)
* Load Performance Task Scores - If not already added. (3. Import/Export, 1. Test Import, 6. Performance Task)
* Print G&T Rosters. (2. Reports, 1. Academic, 1. Student Rosters, Select "Not Left District (All Schools)", Grades 3-12, Status -> Gifted, Category -> Gifted Serving including Moved Students. Other selections as desired.)